11 Types of Injuries You May Sustain in a Rollover Accident
While all motor vehicle accidents can be damaging, the injuries and losses suffered after a traumatic rollover accident can be catastrophic. If you have been involved in a rollover accident, there are several types of injuries you may have sustained as a result of the at-fault party’s negligence.
If you have been injured in a rollover accident, you may be entitled to compensation for the losses you have suffered as a result. Call 617-391-9001 or fill out our contact form to speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer from Sweeney Merrigan Personal Injury Lawyers.
A rollover accident is considered one of the most dangerous types of auto accidents due to the severe injuries that may occur as a result of the vehicle turning over on its side or on the roof with the driver and passengers inside. This type of deadly collision can occur as a result of a crash with another vehicle, icy or wet road conditions, uneven ground, or even a sharp turn taken too quickly. Some of the most frequent injuries suffered by victims of rollover accidents include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Back and neck injuries
- Broken or fractured bones
- Crushed limbs
- Cuts and bruises
- Loss of limbs
- Internal injuries
- Severe burns
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
Many people assume that after a rollover accident, they may only pursue compensation for the physical injuries they have sustained. However, with the help of a personal injury lawyer, you may be eligible to pursue damages for the physical, mental, and emotional injuries you have suffered as a result of the accident.
After suffering injuries from a rollover accident, you may be eligible to collect compensation for any losses you have endured as a result. The damages you may be eligible to collect include:
- Medical Expenses: After suffering extensive mental and physical injuries, victims may incur costly medical bills or have to pay for expensive treatments. They should be compensated for these costs.
- Lost Wages: After suffering debilitating injuries, rollover accident victims may be unable to work as they recover. As a result, they should be compensated for all present and future wages they may lose out on.
- Property Damage: During a rollover accident, there is often a lot of damage that befalls the vehicle involved. The victim should be compensated for the cost to repair or replace their property.
- Pain and Suffering: Victims of rollover accidents may suffer extensive physical and emotional pain. They should receive compensation for all pain and suffering they have had to endure as a result of the incident.
After a rollover accident, it is important that you file your personal injury claim as a soon as possible. However, you should keep in mind that the insurance providers are not always going to be on your side when it comes to awarding fair compensation. Your insurance provider will likely try to offer you the lowest possible amount in damages for your claim. That is why it is crucial that you work with a personal injury lawyer who can help negotiate the fair settlement amount that you deserve.
Our award-winning legal team is led by our experienced co-managing partners, J. Tucker Merrigan and Peter M. Merrigan. J. Tucker Merrigan has been a co-managing partner of the firm for more than ten years now. He has been recognized for his work as a personal injury lawyer in the Massachusetts legal system with honors that include: Top 40 Under 40 for National Trial Lawyers; 2020-2021 Lawyer.com Top Attorney Award, and 2023 Best Lawyers in America for Medical Malpractice, and was also named a Rising Star by Super Lawyers. Co-managing partner, Peter M. Merrigan has been recognized for his dedication and work helping the communities of Boston: 2018 Top 40 Under 40, National Trial Lawyers; 2021 Massachusetts “Super Lawyer.”
Your life may be forever changed after being injured in a rollover accident. You should not be left with the financial burden of recovering from the losses you have endured. Sweeney Merrigan Personal Injury Lawyers will help you fight for the compensation you deserve by helping you build a strong personal injury claim.