Holding a Restaurant Responsible for an Injury in Massachusetts
Whenever you visit a restaurant, you expect respect, high-quality service, and care from employees. You’re paying for an experience and good food; your safety should be a major priority for everyone involved in your restaurant visit. But sometimes people get hurt when they visit restaurants, whether they slip and fall on a puddle, receive severe burns from food and cutlery, food poisoning, or something else. But how do you hold a restaurant responsible for your injuries and monetary losses? What should you do?
If you face severe injuries and medical expenses due to a restaurant’s negligence, we recommend you contact a lawyer from Sweeney Merrigan Personal Injury Lawyers. Our restaurant liability lawyers have extensive experience with premises liability and injury laws, meaning we have the tools, resources, and strategies to help you during legal issues. You can reach out at (617) 391-9001 or by completing our contact form.
How Do You Hold a Massachusetts Restaurant Liable for Your Injuries?
Whenever you want to hold someone accountable for your injuries and related losses, you must meet some criteria. The following are essential pieces you need to display during legal proceedings:
- Prove the restaurant owes you a duty of care: Most restaurants are legally required to demonstrate a duty of care to all visitors. You must be alerted of any dangers, you should be protected from risks of injury, and reasonable caution must be demonstrated in all restaurant actions. For example, spills must be cleaned within a reasonable time to prevent unnecessary injuries.
- Show negligence or a broken duty of care from the restaurant: You will likely need to collect evidence proving that the restaurant broke its duty of care toward you as a visitor or customer. This may also be referred to as negligence.
- Display you received injuries due to the restaurant’s negligence: You may also need to collect evidence showing injuries due to broken duty of care.
- Prove your injuries directly result in expenses: For a lawsuit to be successful, you must show that you suffer costs related to the injuries you endure. Standard proof for this includes medical bills, wage loss, and other documents.
We encourage you to work with a lawyer to effectively prove a Massachusetts restaurant is liable for your injuries and damages. A restaurant liability lawyer can help you in several ways throughout the legal process, streamlining each step and allowing you to focus on your recovery.
What Evidence Should You Collect After a Massachusetts Restaurant Injury?
We recommend you collect evidence based on the circumstances surrounding your restaurant injury incident. Evidence that would be useful to a legal case may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Video and photography
- Witness statements
- Incident report
- Medical bills and documents
- Insurance information
- Contact information
- Proof of lost income
- Other information you feel is relevant
If you need help collecting evidence, a lawyer can help. Your restaurant liability attorney can help you collect and analyze evidence, join or lead investigations, and create strong arguments favoring your perspective.
Who Needs to Work With a Restaurant Liability Lawyer?
Everyone involved in legal matters should work with a lawyer. If you suffer injuries following a restaurant’s negligence and broken duty of care, we recommend you work with a restaurant premises liability attorney. Your attorney can help you streamline the legal process, collect adequate compensation for your recovery and losses, and provide additional help.
We recommend you refrain from representing yourself during legal matters, as you may risk losing compensation and misrepresenting your case. Your lawyer can help mitigate risk without damaging your financial position and out-of-pocket expenses, as most restaurant liability lawyers work on a contingency fee basis.
Injured Due to Restaurant Negligence in Massachusetts? Speak to Sweeney Merrigan Personal Injury Lawyers for Assistance
If you receive injuries due to a restaurant’s negligence in Massachusetts, Sweeney Merrigan Personal Injury Lawyers invites you to contact us. Working with us can significantly benefit the outcome of your legal matters, as our lawyers have outstanding experience and compassion for clients. Lawyers like Jessica M. Gray are 100% dedicated to litigation practice, so you can trust our team to bring you excellent results. We also carry accolades from outlets such as Best Lawyers and Super Lawyers.
To contact us, we invite you to call (617) 391-9001 or complete our contact form at your earliest convenience. Once we are in contact, we can begin discussing your case in greater detail, easing your mind surrounding questions and concerns, and providing you with valuable and tailored information relevant to your lawsuit. We look forward to hearing from you and working together toward the great results you deserve.