How Much Is Your Commercial Truck Accident Worth?
Whenever you get behind the wheel, you risk being involved in an accident while out on Massachusetts roads. While all motor vehicle accidents are serious, the results can be catastrophic when an accident involves a commercial truck. If you were injured in a commercial truck accident, you may be able to pursue compensation based on the specific details of your case.
Sweeney Merrigan Personal Injury Lawyers is a personal injury law firm helping clients in Massachusetts after being the victim of a commercial truck accident. While there is not a specific set amount you should expect to collect from your commercial truck accident case, our team of trusted legal professionals can assist you in calculating how much you may be owed. Call 617-391-9001 or fill out our contact form to request a free consultation with one of our commercial truck accident lawyers today.
How to Calculate the Amount Your Commercial Truck Accident Case is Worth
Being injured in an accident involving a commercial truck can be both physically and emotionally traumatizing. As you recover from your serious injuries, it is crucial that you take the necessary steps to get justice for your losses. To calculate the amount your commercial truck accident may be worth, you must understand what damages you may be eligible to retain. The damages you may be eligible for include the following:
- Medical expenses: When an individual is injured in a commercial trucking accident, they may suffer catastrophic injuries that can take a long time to recover. Victims should be compensated for medical bills or other necessary care relating to their injuries.
- Lost wages: Victims of trucking accidents may be unable to work due to their injuries. As a result, victims should be compensated for any lost present or future wages.
- Property damage: If a victim’s property was damaged in an accident involving a commercial truck, they should be compensated for the cost to replace or repair it.
- Pain and suffering: Victims of commercial truck accidents should be compensated for the pain and suffering they have endured due to their injuries.
For help calculating the amount you may be able to retain for your commercial truck accident case in Massachusetts, contact a trusted personal injury lawyer. When you file your claim, the insurance company will likely try to offer you the lowest possible amount. That is why it is crucial you have the help of a legal professional who can help you negotiate for the fair compensation you deserve.
How to Prove Liability in Your Commercial Truck Accident Claim
For your claim to be successful, you will need to be able to provide proof that the at-fault party is liable for your injuries and losses. To do this, you must collect evidence of the four elements of negligence. In a truck accident claim, the four elements of negligence are as follows:
- The at-fault party owed you a duty of care
- The duty of care was breached
- This breach of duty led to your commercial truck accident and injuries
- You suffered losses as a result.
To get help with your truck accident claim, contact a Massachusetts lawyer as soon as possible.
Sweeney Merrigan Personal Injury Lawyers is led by two managing partners with extensive experience handling a wide range of personal injury accidents, including those involving a commercial truck. J. Tucker Merrigan has been a co-managing partner at Sweeney Merrigan Personal Injury Lawyers for more than ten years and has been recognized for his dedication and representation of clients in Massachusetts in Top 40 Under 40 for National Trial Lawyers and more. Peter M. Merrigan has also been recognized for his dedication to representing victims of personal injury accidents, including those involving commercial truck cases, as a 2019-2021 Massachusetts Super Lawyer and more.
Get Help Calculating Your Commercial Truck Damages Today
After being injured in a commercial truck accident, you deserve to be compensated for the losses you have suffered due to the at-fault party’s actions. To get help building your claim, contact one of our commercial truck accident lawyers as soon as possible.
At Sweeney Merrigan Personal Injury Lawyers, our commercial truck accident lawyers have more than 100 years of combined experience handling different personal injury cases, including those involving trucks. To schedule a free consultation with one of our trusted lawyers, give us a call at 617-391-9001 or fill out our contact form.